G and I have very different “waking” habits. While he’s up bright and early at 6 AM, I don’t see the light of day until past ten. Our enjoying a breakfast meal together doesn’t happen often as, by the time I wake up in search of my first bite of the day, he’s already had a few cups of coffee and a hefty plate of morning eggs.
- Quickly stir-fry the corned beef hash with onions, garlic, tomatoes, and shredded cabbage and serve piping-hot over steamed rice. Ah, comfort food at its best.
- Spread corned beef hash on sturdy sourdough bread or ciabatta rolls, top with a couple of slices of your favorite cheese and a spoonful of sauerkraut if you have it, and then toast on a panini grill until crisp on the outside and gooey on the inside. Yum, best sandwich ever!
- Use as filling for empanadas (hand pies), bread buns, taquitos or even egg rolls and you have afternoon snack kids can’t get enough of.
- Top warm flour tortillas with corned beef hash, creamy coleslaw, cilantro, and spicy salsa for Irish-style tacos.
- Combine with leftover mashed potatoes, shape into balls, and roll in Panko bread crumbs to make potato croquettes.
- Stir together the corned beef hash with mayo, Thousand Island dressing, sauerkraut, and shredded cheese and bake in the oven until hot and bubbly for a party dip guests will be fighting over!
- And, of course, Corned Beef Hash Breakfast Pizza.
You guys, this pizza has got to be most ingenious and delicious mashup ever! With savory corned beef, crisp bell peppers and onions, soft yolks, and sharp cheddar cheese on a crunchy crust, it’s the best thing to wake up to in the morning. With simple ingredients and ready in 30 minutes, it’s also one of the easiest and simplest breakfast meal you can make.
Just make sure to roll out the pizza dough as thin as possible so the eggs finish at the same time and don’t overcook.